Prosperi Arezzo

JEWELLERS IN AREZZO

line

It was 1816 and the Salmi family opened a goldsmith’s workshop in Arezzo, then an important centre of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany. Years later, in 1887, Francesco Prosperi, who was already working there, bought from Tommaso Salmi the property of the shop in 4, Corso Vittorio Emanuele; this is how the sole proprietorship Prosperi Francesco Succ. Salmi was born. During the period of the two world wars, the control bar passed into the capable hands of his son Antonio.

It was 1816 and the Salmi family opened a goldsmith’s workshop in Arezzo, then an important centre of the Grand Duchy of Tuscany. Years later, in 1887, Francesco Prosperi, who was already working there, bought from Tommaso Salmi the property of the shop in 4, Corso Vittorio Emanuele; this is how the sole proprietorship Prosperi Francesco Succ. Salmi was born. During the period of the two world wars, the control bar passed into the capable hands of his son Antonio.

Over time, the shop became more and more a privileged reference point for luxury purchases in the city of Arezzo. In February 1950, with the death of Antonio Prosperi, a new generation took over: the management of the company, which had meanwhile moved to 76, Corso Italia, in the historic Palazzo dei Bacci, the heart of the city of Arezzo, was inherited by Mario Prosperi.

THE SHOP

Mario Prosperi fuelled its success by expanding the point of sale and developing the watchmaking sector, thanks to the collaboration with the most famous Swiss companies. Always with the aim of continuing along the lines traced by his ancestors, at the turn of the millennium the engineer Prosperi chose the Polinori family, already present with another activity in the luxury sector, in order to include in the activity those new forces necessary for the challenges of Its third century of life.

Our shop is located in the historic centre of Arezzo, in 76, Corso Italia in one of the most beautiful and ancient palaces of the city: Palazzo Bacci.

Palazzo Bacci, already residence of the Bacci Family, a family of wealthy merchants from Arezzo, has fourteenth-century origins and once also owned a large tower. Its appearance changed in the moment in which many architectural parts of Arezzo took on a more Renaissance style. The corner of the palace has always been known as “Chant of Bacci” and has always been a reference point for the social life of the city.

CONTATTACI

CONTACT US

Get in touch with Prosperi 1816 and one of our experts will be happy to help you by offering his experience and professionalism.

RICHIEDI INFORMAZIONI